Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mannheim Fastnacht (24 Feb 2009)

Today was my last Festtag in Lu/Ma.
Fastnacht, Fasching, Shrove Tuesday, is the last day of Berliners & Bier bingeing, before a hrrmp, Ash Wednesday for Roman Catholics....and these few days in Rheinland-Pfalz had been very exciting, with the young & old all dressed up in ridiculous clothes, painted faces and cute hats!
Today, no need to work, & lots of people also don't work, and shops are open only till 1pm. So, went for last min shopping in the morning, and head home to put down my bags, then went out again, when the fest celebrations started in Mannheim!!!
Had too much Berliners (a typical Fastnacht foodie, like doughnuts, with jam or cream inside)....Bought 6 for 3€, with different fillings, and ate till I was very full, coz the cream was really too much!!! Then, with a final round of Pecans, Crepes and Bratwursts, I said goodbye to Paradaplatz & Strohmarkt.
Tmr will be my last day in the company, and then I will say goodbye to Deutschland, my home for 8.5mths.

No comments: