Sunday, January 18, 2009

Freiburg & Triberg (17 Jan 2009)











1st Hiking Trip in Winter!!!
Went to the most Sunny city in Deutschland, Freiburg (Breisgau). I guess the most famous sights are the Bächle (& luckily I never fell into one of those drains else I might not be able to leave this city......)
Then, hiked up the Schlossberg to the 2 towers there, one is a modern one, and the other one is a hmm, watchtower? The view up there was superb, could see the whole city and of course, the Schwalzwald. The manmade watchtower was taller, and was located at 431m. Gosh, I was totally exhausted when I reached the Schlossbergturm. The metal watch tower was another 50m, it was pretty small & narrow. I had no jelly legs this time, maybe coz I was too tired to be bothered by it. But then, when I was at the very top, the metal support was shaking coz of the strong winds...I couldnt be bothered and sat there on the steps, enjoying the cold air & the nice surroundings.....

I think I have a little tan now...haha!
Oh, but hiking in winter is rather dangerous. The icy ground was so slippery that I had to hang on to the rocks and handrails all the time. Even the dog who walked in front of me (he had 4legs ja!) had difficulty keeping his balance.
TRIBERG






After lunch, I went to Triberg which is IN Schwalzwald. Here the Cuckoo clocks are the world famous ones, very pretty and nice, but damm expensive. The real ones work on weights and doesnt need any batteries, and the Bird comes out every 1/2h and will turn round every hr. I couldnt buy one bcoz I am sort of broke now....:(
Then, went to the tallest Wasserfall, but that place was closed bcoz of snow, so I could only walk to the bottom of the waterfall.
After that, went for foodhunt, for wat else except a slice of Schwalzwälder Kirschtorte, all the restaurants says das Original, so much for publicity. I went into one that was not deserted (this is a small town ja, so there was not many people on the streets.) The cake was like soaked in Liquor and was very moist and delicious, and of course, the cherries were there, inside the cake.
To Sg bakers: Stop putting blueberry jam inside the Blackforest cake, be a bit more Pro can or not?

Then I took the ICE back to Mannheim for dinner. It was a tiring but nice trip, and the weather was perfect for a little walk. But how many more of such sunny and warm days till 27Feb?

Oh, and Bayern Munich here I come......

No comments: