Sunday, November 30, 2008

München (27 Nov 2008)















Arrived by ICE515 & checked into the hotel. Then, I took a strassebahn to Schloss Nymphenberg. Nothing much there, since now it is wintertime & the gardens were filled with snow. But the 1km-long river that leads to the Schloss was frozen ( I heard that people can eis-skate there).
Later, I went back to the Hbf & made my way to Marienplatz & to my favorite chocolate shop-Alois Dallmayr. Was super happy when I located that shop...& found that it was crowded as usual...& the chocolates were devilish-Spent 10€ there!
Took U3 to Olympiapark, hoping to visit the BMW Museum...but I got didnt know how to walk there & the sky was dark, so went back to Marienplatz for more street food and visited the Krippermarkt & Christkindlmarkt. Maybe because I have been living in a small city, I was a little shocked by the number of shoppers on the streets.

Dinner-date with Serina, Vin, Cuiliu & Mabel at a chinese restaurant in Karlplatz.
It was close to 11 pm when I finally got into bed in the tiny hotel room.

No comments: