Friday, October 24, 2008

New addition to my room in Saarlandstr. & Tip to surviving Winter Here (24 Okt 2008)


Bought this Tefal Quick & Hot that can spurt out hot water in 3-sec! Amazing, except for the extremely loud noise it produces!!! I am surprised that it is made in France, in sg, Tefal products are always made in M'sia/China...(maybe coz it has 3yrs Garantie vs 1 yr in sg!). Oh, and it costed me a whooping 39,95€ + 8,99€ (for a 2nd filter catridge).

Now, I can have my hot water anytime, and real quick! I am thinking whether I pour in my wein and boil it, and ohmmp, 3-sec & I get hot wein!(But the alcohol will be gone, since the temp at the outlet is abt 80°C, & so will my 50€ !!!)

And now, A cold and painful job but useful job to do in winter.
In order to keep the air in ur Zimmer/Haus healthy, this is wat u are supposed to do:
For Frischer Luft, open das Fenster (wide open) for 7 min every 2hrs. Who is so stupid to do this in winter when the outside temp is <0°C. According to German Physics, this is done for wat is called Air exchanging. The warm & humid air in the room is exchanged for the cold&dry air outside during this 7min. So, u have a constant supply of Frisch Luft!!! But it is not advisable to keep a window permanently open (if u are that lazy & u being an Eskimo), coz then, the air temp in the room & outside is the same, & no air exchange can take place). Of course, if u are damm rich that u live in an energy-saving haus, u have a heat exchanger to do this job and u won't have to open ur window and freeze for 7min every 2hrs! So, remember, next time when ur Kollege open das Fenster, don't grumble or scream at him, don't malu urself! He is being kind to remove the 'stale air' in the room!

Now, I have something to do in winter apart from cuddling in my bed all day...go to the window and open it for 7 min every 2hrs (when i can remember to stay awake)

Credits to my Kollege Andreas for this winter survival tip)

No comments: