Sunday, October 19, 2008

Eberbach Apfeltag (19 Okt 2008)





I had a super "Apfel-ily" day today. It was my first attempt of having everything apple for lunch hahaha! I first had a apple soup, then went on for 3 different Apfelkuchen, flushed down with neuer apfelwein & Apfelsaft, and completed with a 0.5m bratwurst, with apfelmus. Jolly jolly nice.
Since apple can also be made into wein, why can't the US californians be more inventive and try to ferment their Sunkists and make some orange-wein???
Yesterday, I wanted to go to Kaiserslautern Kerwe, but apparently that place was some distance away from the Bahnhof. So, I went window shopping in the Altstadt instead.... Witnessed an interesting tingy on my way home in the S-bahn. Since the train stopped at Neustadt(one of my favorite wein-hideouts), the train was loaded with, gosh, drunk old people (at 430pm???) So, I am not the only one who gets drunk earlier in the afternoon, haha! Had a fun time hearing them singing something incomprehensible, and their generous offer of alcohol to everyone on the train, cups included (though I didn't try since they offered me some volka-liked wein (too strong lar))

No comments: